Savor the local flavors of Tokyo on a 3-hour food tour of the lively Shinbashi district at night. Join the city’s working class as they unwind after a long day at the office in the maze of eateries and standing bars.
- Walk the backstreets of Shinbashi that only the locals know about
- Sample traditional Japanese dishes and try a tasty “taiyaki” dessert
- Visit 4 different food shops, including a pancake venue known only to locals
- Discover Robatayaki expertly grilled dishes and local community entertainment from the chef
- Get of the tourist track and enjoy a taste of authentic Japan
Explore the alleys of Tokyo’s Shinbashi area, known for its rustic izakayas (pubs) and food stalls. Grab some of the most satisfying food on the planet as you discover the vibrant district after dark!
Start by entering the chasm of eateries overrun on a nightly basis by the working class of Japan. Join the thousands of businessmen who go to their favorite izakaya bar for a quick bite and cold beer before going home. Stop for some sashimi (raw fish), large gyoza (dumplings) and tamagoyaki (omelet), and then continue to a yakitori stall serving skewered meat and veggies cooked over an open fire.
Wind your way through the maze of izakayas to find one of the most hidden okonomiyaki (pancake) shops, where only the locals go. Savor an authentic okonomiyaki with a drink before heading back to Shinbashi Station for the end of the tour.
- Food stops
- One drink included
- Dessert included
- Walking level moderate