- See the best-preserved medieval area of Paris
- Snack on two Parisian pastries and taste one of the best macarons in Paris
- Explore the charming hidden squares and tucked-away alleyways of Marais with a local guide
- Indulge in plates of cheese or charcuterie and taste a creation from Paris’ most famed macaron chef
Join an expert guide on a 3-hour tasting tour of Le Marais, and discover the local hangouts as you sample delicious food and wine. You’ll start your Paris tour in front of the Centre Pompidou, Europe largest modern art museum, nestled in an impressive contemporary building.
Then move on pass Notre-Dame to the Hôtel de Ville, the city’s town hall, on the square where public executions were once carried out. Pass an iconic bakery, whose baguette was named one of the best in Paris.
Continue to Rue Saint-Croix-de-la-Bretonnerie, the center of the French gay scene, to see one of the oldest streets in Le Marais. Stop to sample a delicious macaron, made by one of the city’s most famous pastry chefs, then enter the heart of the Jewish community.
Discover a vibrant pedestrianized street, full of falafel stands and Jewish delis. Then continue to a wine and alcohol store to try iconic French liqueurs, such as Cognac, Armagnac, Absinthe, and Old Plum brandy. Feast on French charcuterie, including pâté, rillettes, and ham. Finally you’ll walk to Place de la Bastille, passing the former home of the French writer, Victor Hugo. The area is full of bars and restaurants, where you can continue to explore the City of Lights on your own.
- 3-hour tasting tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- 2 different pastries and the best macaron in Paris
- Traditional charcuterie and cheese samples
- Tasting of several wines and liquors