Under the guidance of a head chef, prepare an exquisite 4-course meal in the open air using traditional recipes and small clay coal ovens. Learn about the culture and pleasures of the sweet and salty cuisine of Morocco: traditional slow food.
- Experience Moroccan culture through an authentic cooking course
- Cook your own gourmet meal in the stylish ambience of 14th-century historical Riad
- Learn about ingredients, techniques, and regional traditions
- Enjoy a glass of wine and fresh mint tea at the end of the course
- Take an optional culinary tour through the colorful markets of Marrakech
Have you always dreamed of colorful markets, unfamiliar eastern spices, and preparing a simple but exquisite tagine with the freshest ingredients? Then you will be elated with this cooking course.
You’ll be picked up in lively Jemaa El Fna and driven to Riad by one of our employees. There, the lead chef will be waiting for you with the ingredients prepared. In the kitchen courtyard, you’ll work under artful instruction, cooking an exquisite 4-course meal using traditional recipes and a small clay, coal-burning oven. While your tagine cooks over the fire, you’ll prepare a selection of Moroccan salads that serve as the prelude to every Moroccan meal. At the end, dessert will be served.
Enjoy a good Moroccan wine with your own authentic meal, and linger after your cooking adventure for mint tea and fresh pastries.
Moroccan cuisine uses only regional, seasonal products and provides a wonderful balance of sweet and salty dishes; it makes use of original ingredients like rose water and pickled lemons. Your cooking course can be tailored to your wishes.
For those who want to learn a little bit about shopping in Morocco, an optional visit to an authentic Moroccan bazaar is just the thing. The market visit will be followed by a tea ceremony and a snack.
- Pick-up from Jemaa El Fna Plaza
- Cooking course
- 1 glass of wine per person
- Tea or coffee at the end of the session