- Enjoy a 3-hour guided food tour of the London Bridge area with 8 stops
- Learn about British food from a passionate and experienced local guide
- Get great insight into the history of British food culture
Firstly, your local London guide takes you to the exciting Borough Market to soak up the atmosphere and eat some English fudges/chocolate.
This eating paradise was not even on the tourist foodie radar a few years ago. Still around the market, you will try award winning Cumberland sausages, followed by the best fresh fish and chips in town. Note the difference between “chips” and “French fries!”
There is so much to see in the market that your guide will give you 10-20 minutes to look around yourselves, giving you a chance to buy gifts or eat any samples. Your personal guide will explain the history of the market and the surrounding areas including Sir Francis Drake’s Golden Hind, the Shard and Southwark Cathedral.
Your tour will continue to a historic pub where you can try the best of British cheeses, served with grapes, fig cakes and chutneys, washed down with real London beers, ales or delicious ciders (or non-alcoholic options).
You will also see the world-famous London Bridge and Tower Bridge on the River Thames as well as the Battleship HMS Belfast. Finally, the tour ends with classic desserts, such as cheesecakes, chocolate brownies or sticky toffee puddings, all washed down with a pot of refreshing tea. Oh, and of course there’s a delicious secret dish too!
- British snacks
- Awarding winning Cumberland sausages from a 150 year old recipe
- Best fish and chips in town
- Home baked breads
- Famous British cheeses served with grapes, fig cake, crackers and chutneys
- Real ales, beers or ciders (or non-alcoholic option)
- Refreshing pot of tea (Earl Grey, Green or English Breakfast)
- Delicious desserts such as cheesecakes, chocolate brownies or sticky toffee puddings
- Bottle of water
- Secret dish