Eat your way through Kampala’s grocery markets, street kiosks, and local restaurants. Meet and interact with the amazing foodies that feed Kampala’s working class.
- Enjoy a wide selection of street food, restaurant dishes, and snacks
- Watch the street food vendors work their magic as the dishes are made in front of you
- Taste refreshing in-season tropical fruit in the market
- Enjoy a large serving of local staple dishes in a restaurant
- Pick up insights from your enthusiastic, local guide
Meet up mid-morning at a popular, local cafe in a food-rich suburb of Kampala called Kawokya. Start with a visit to Ugaroll, a cafe that makes Kampala’s best rolex.
Continue on to Kamwokya market to taste a wide range of in-season fruit, including passion fruit, mango, pineapple, melons, and much more. The market also contains a variety of local street food stalls. Wander through the market and sample snacks like samosas, more rolex, and sesame cakes.
Proceed then to a local grill and try Uganda’s most popular roast meat. Take a 15-minute boda (motorbike taxi) ride to the final stop: a popular, local restaurant. Settle in for a generous spread of different local staples, including smoked tilapia, beef in peanut sauce, chicken steamed in banana leaves, and much more.
- All food and snacks tasted on the trip
- Bottled water and a soft drink during the big meal at the end
- Travel by boda to the last stop and to return to the starting point