Discover a unique side of Dubai with a local and explore the culture and history through the Old Town and its bustling souks. Experience special tastings while visiting the highlights of the area.
- Learn about Arabia, history, culture and get all your questions answered
- Discover the old-world charms of Dubai before the oil rush in the Grand Souk
- Cruise Dubai creek by traditional “abra” to soak up the aromas of the spice souk
- Feast your eyes on gold and jewelry in Dubai’s biggest and oldest Gold souk
- Savor traditional street food snacks and sip on local tea
Explore the streets of Old Dubai on a guided walking tour. Have the option to choose between a shared or private tour. Visit the coin museum, try delicious local food and drinks, cruise along Dubai Creek on a traditional boat, and peruse spices and gold at local markets.
Your tour begins with a visit to the historical quarter of Al Fahidi (Bastakiya). There you will have several stops where your guide will tell you about the history of Dubai and the UAE, its culture, life in Dubai, and the religion and the beliefs of the area.
Then continue to the coin museum, where you will see the ancient coins of Arabia and Dubai. You can also admire fantastic views across Bastakiya from the roof. Stop in front of a mosque and learn more about Islam.
Following the mosque, shop in the local markets (souks). Before your visit, get tips from your guide about the prices and tricks of bargaining with the local merchants. Then walk through the old souk, known for clothing, textiles, souvenirs, and Kashmir scarves at the best prices.
Take your time to shop and sample fresh juice, street food, and local tea.
Follow this with a boat ride to the Spice Souk and Gold Souk, where your guide will explain the different herbs and medicines and try the camel milk chocolate!
The tour continues to the biggest market for gold in the Middle East where you can admire intricate metalwork.
- Entrance fees to several Museums
- Live guide
- Abra boat ride
- Arabic coffee
- Arabic street food (vegetarian available)
- Bottled water
- Fresh juice
- Dates with camel milk chocolate