- Experience a memorable day trip and learn about Swiss customs and traditions
- Learn more about cheese production at a typically Swiss farm and show dairy
- Discover the craft of artisan chocolate making at a boutique chocolate manufacturer
- Stroll through the picturesque streets of Appenzell
- Take in fascinating mountain views on an aerial cable car ride to the top of Hoher Kasten
- Travel in a small group with a maximum of 16 people
Experience Appenzell in a small group on this fantastic excursion. Explore the idyllic region, which still maintains the old traditions, and discover the world of mountains, cheese, and chocolate.
Set out on a scenic drive along beautiful Lake Zürich via the City of Rapperswil with its medieval castle to the gently rolling hills of the Appenzellerland with photo stops en-route.
Discover a typically Swiss farm and taste a glass of fresh cow milk before heading to the Appenzeller show dairy in Stein AR. Find out how natural Swiss milk and herbs are turned into Switzerland’s tangiest cheese and marvel at the imposing cellar storing up to 12,500 wheels of cheese. Try to guess the top secret ingredients of the world-famous Appenzeller cheese during a cheese tasting.
Go to Brülisau and take the cable car to the Hoher Kasten mountain, where you can admire the panoramic views from a height of 1,800 meters. Visit the impressive revolving restaurant, and enjoy the fantastic panoramic views of the hilly, green Appenzell region, the Rhine Valley, and Vorarlberg.
Next, head to a boutique chocolate manufacture and follow the Maître Chocolatier’s explanation of the artisan craft of chocolate making before indulging your senses during a chocolate tasting.
Back in Appenzell, your tour guide will take you on a short walking tour, showing you the town’s beautiful streets, squares, and decoratively painted wooden houses.
Discover a traditional bakery and learn more about Appenzeller Biberli (Swiss gingerbread). You then have some time to explore the town on your own and purchase traditional souvenirs.
- Fully-guided tour by professional multilingual driver-guide
- Transportation in a comfortable minibus
- Appenzeller show dairy with cheese tasting
- Guided visit of Appenzell
- Cable car to Hoher Kasten
- Chocolate tasting at a boutique chocolate manufacture
- Goodie bag with a minimum value of CHF 40